Олени Санта Клауса — важная часть его резиденции.
Всего их 9.
Имена оленей Санты
Самый главный и самый известный из них — олень по имени Рудольф.
Американские дети часто упоминают его в своих письмах Санте.
Последнее время в зарубежных источниках все чаще упоминается имя десятого оленя — Оливия.
**Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer — красноносый олененок Рудольф.
Описание оленей Санты Клауса на английском
Rudolph — Santa’s Guiding Light
- a little shy
- is a leader when he needs to be
- loves reindeer games
- very playful around friends he knows well
- loves helping others
- loves seeing new places
- steady worker, helping the elves to get all their Christmas tasks done
Rudolph is Santa’s famous ninth reindeer. He joined the herd a few years after the original eight. At first, he was terribly self-conscious.
He suffered from low self-esteem because he had an odd red nose. It wasn’t until Santa recognized his rosy bulb as a beacon of light that he was ushered into his role as leader of the herd.
Because his nose glowed, he was able to lead Santa safely around the world, on the snowiest of nights…and other reindeer agreed that Rudolph just had to stay with the herd.
Now, when Rudolph isn’t helping on the sleigh ride, he loves to play hide-and-seek with the other reindeer. He has an advantage, though. He can light up dark places effortlessly and find the other reindeer every time.
Dasher — He’s fast!
- loves to be social
- good at sports
- prefers track and field
- doesn’t mind the cold
- aware of fashion
- loves to party
- has a big heart
He’s one of the fastest reindeer in Santa’s herd. He’s always ready to dash out the door. For that reason, he excels at track and field during the off-season.
After his yearly tenure at the North Pole, he might find himself at a high school track and field meet, trying to run the 800-yard dash. You can bet he’s usually the first to finish.
“Dasher” originally came from a German name, Dascher, meaning «purse-maker.» Whoa! He can sew! One has to wonder if he is the Father of the Modern Hand Bag.
Dancer — The Salsa Phenomenon
- has good hand-eye-foot coordination
- great at dance moves
- loves wearing colorful clothes
- popular among the elves
- loves eating popcorn
- loves a celebration
- loves to go to the movies with friends
Dancer is a reindeer with a unique personality. He’s completely extroverted. When he’s not helping Santa, he’s having dance parties.
His favorite genre is Latin music due to the strong rhythm. He would be happy to dance with Enrique Iglesias.
Since dancing is his passion, he knows the tango, salsa, meringue, and even has ventured into contra- and square-dancing. Do-si-do-ing can be a little difficult, but he likes it.
Plus, you’ll never find him without a bell around his neck, as he never hesitates to indulge in pomp and circumstance.
Prancer — The Fairest of Them All
- always is sure to look great
- loves his accessories
- great at baking (especially mint-flavored cookies)
- absolutely loyal
- has high energy
- totally thinks out loud
- favorite song: Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town
Prancer loves the other reindeer and would do anything for them.
But he also loves to carry a mirror to gaze at himself on the sleigh every now and then. He has to look his best all the time because he never knows quite who he’s going to meet.
Mrs. Clause made him a special reindeer-harness that is red and green with extra attachments for his mirror, comb, and brush.
He often is found in the elves’ factory prancing around gracefully with all the other reindeer, elves, and helpers cheering him on.
Vixen — The Most Enchanting Reindeer
- very smart
- loves to be the center of attention
- cool, calm, and collected
- everyone likes to confide in him
- gifted at magic tricks
- loves to help others, especially Santa
- often runs late
Vixen is the comedic reindeer known for lots of magic tricks. The other reindeer often get slightly annoyed with his ability to make things disappear and reappear.
He’s great at tricking the other reindeer out of their candy canes. He also has a weakness for yummy Santa-shaped chocolates.
Santa loves Vixen’s tricks because they really come in handy on Christmas Eve. That bag of toys is quite large, and that chimney is quite small.
Comet — An All-Around Wonderful Reindeer
- loves to make people laugh
- incredibly smart
- laid back
- likes flexibility
- once he makes up his mind to do something, he’ll get it done
- always willing to lend a helping hand
- loves honesty and playing fair
Comet is out of this world—as his name implies. He’s quite handsome and is always smiling. He’s easy-going and loves to play ball with all the young fawns.
All the children of the world seem to look up to him. Santa, of course, loves this about Comet.
In the days before Christmas, Santa will head out with Comet to check his list and see how children all around the world are doing. When they see Comet, they flock to pet him because he’s quite adorable and so laid-back.
He just loves the attention the children shower upon him. Plus, he inspires little children to be on their best behavior.
Cupid — Loves Sharing Love
- favorite colors are red and green
- loves jazzy Christmas music
- really good at finding mistletoe
- really good with bows and arrows
- cannot stand it when a friend is sad and will do anything to help
- loves helping Santa eat his cookies and milk
- has a sweet tooth, but also likes a good, crunchy carrot
Cupid is an affectionate reindeer. She has Christmas reins decorated with red and green little heart-shaped bells. Her motto is “Spread the Love.”
She often carries mistletoes and mysteriously places them all around peoples’ entryways at Christmastime. That way, people don’t forget to hug and kiss during the season.
She’s always singing, too. The other reindeer roll their eyes when she begins singing “Joy to the World” for the thousandth time.
She also makes appearances on Valentine’s day, showering people with red hearts.
Donner — Always a Party
- loves to take charge
- loves to sing and loves jazz music
- very creative
- very close to a couple of reindeer friends, like Blitzen
- loves a good debate
- hums Christmas songs a lot, even while flying
- prefers dark chocolate
Donner’s name comes from “thunder” in German. This is for good reason. He’s always noticed when entering a room because he’s got a deep booming baritone voice.
He loves to sing those low notes. His joyous renditions of “Santa Baby” makes all the reindeerettes swoon. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” and “Here Comes Santa Claus” always receive high marks and rowdy applause from his fellow reindeer.
He loves hanging out with Blitzen, too. Together, they can really belt out some dynamic duets.
Blitzen — Fast as Lightening
- gets everything done extremely fast
- he’s zippy everywhere he goes
- has a tenor voice that complements Donner’s baritone
- when not working, he loves a good Christmas movie
- always on time
- almost always finishes projects
- loves spontaneity
Blitzen’s name comes from the German word for “lightning.» He’s fast, playful, and like a bolt when it comes to helping Santa deliver his Christmas goodies.
When Santa yells “faster!», Blitzen has the ability to infuse an electric charge into the other reindeer to make them zap through the sky, fast as lightning. He’s also best reindeer-buds with Donner, and they often hum duets to themselves while flying high in the skies.
Olive — She’s sweet!
- insightful and intelligent
- only a little shy, but very outgoing once she gets to know you
- also loves reindeer games
- really good at making good friends
- great sense of humor
- prefers to work behind the scenes
- always has a lot of projects going on
- lives in a gingerbread house
Olive is the tenth reindeer to join Santa’s herd. She had a precarious start. You may recall the line from Rudolph’s song, “…all of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names…”
Many people heard, “Olive, the other reindeer…” Well, it’s true. Olive is the other reindeer.
She did, in fact, laugh at Rudolph with his big red nose, but it was only because she thought Rudolph was an amazing asset to Santa’s team, and she really wanted to be a part of it.
So, she started out by mocking Rudolph, but then later realized that wasn’t becoming for a reindeer. Besides, everyone knows that when you tease your friends, it’s because you really like them.
She shyly apologized to Rudolph, and they have been best friends ever since. She loves to play hide-and-seek, too, and is especially good at finding the Abominable Snowman.
Стишок про оленей Санты
Пять маленьких оленят — Five Little Reindeer
The first one said, “Can you see my nose glow?”
The second one said, “Listen to me sing!”
The third one said, “I can hear the bells ring.”
The fourth one said, “Let’s eat the pie!”
The fifth one said, “I’m ready to fly.”
Then clomp went their hooves
And the snow fell white
As the five little reindeer flew out of sight.
Еще материалы посвященные новогодним праздникам
- Поздравительные открытки и пожелания — год Быка 2021
- Что такое Xmas
- Что ответить, если иностранец поздравил Вас с Рождеством
- Игра на Рождество Dirty Santa или White Elephant — правила
- Открытки с Рождеством и видео поздравления для американских друзей
- Новый год на английском языке: перевод, произношение, новогодние поздравления и пожелания
- Транскрипция Merry Christmas и аудио произношение на британском и американском английском
- Boxing Day произношение фразы и суть праздника
- Boxing Day — топик на английском
- Пожелания и поздравления с Годом Собаки 2018
- Пишем цели и планы на 2021-й год на английском
- Афоризмы и изречения о Новом годе
- Как поздравить с Новым годом — примеры фраз
- Новогодние пожелания на бумажках на английском
- Новогодние статусы для соц. сетей на английском языке
- «Cанта, подари мне на Новый год велосипед, куклу, котенка, ноутбук» — по-английски
- Лексика по теме «Новый год»
- Открытки поздравления на английском с Новым 2018 годом
- Поздравительные открытки и пожелания — год Желтой Свиньи 2019
- Поздравительные открытки и пожелания — год Крысы 2020
- Краткий гороскоп на 2019-й год на английском
- Краткий гороскоп на 2021-й год на английском
- Краткий гороскоп на 2020-й год на английском
- Корпоративные поздравления на английском языке с НГ для партнеров
- Уведомление партнеров на английском о не рабочих днях в период новогодних праздников
- Календарь 2021 на английском языке для распечатки
- Календарь 2020 на английском языке
- Британский и американский календарь на 2019-й год
- Песня Merry Christmas русскими буквами
- Сочинение о Рождестве с переводом
- Рождественская песенка Jingle Bells — слова и транскрипция